MCC is governed by a Board of Directors. The President of the Board is the Past vice-president for Academic Affairs and Research of the University of Puerto Rico and the Director of Resource for Research Center. The other four members are appointed by the President of the University of Puerto Rico. Currently these persons are:
- Dr. Oreste Quezada González, President of the Board and Executive Vice-President of Academic Affair & ResearchEng. Carlos del Río, Industrial Private Sector
- Dr. Arturo J. Hernández Maldonado, Dept. Chemical Engineering, Mayagüez UPR
- Dr. Samuel Hernández, Industrial Private Sector
- Dr. Noemí Santiago, Industrial Private Sector
- Vacant (in process of confirmation), Industrial Private Sector
At present, the Center’s day-to-day activities are coordinated by Dr. Edgard Resto, Executive Director who reports to the Board. He has been the Director since February, 2002. He is assisted by Dr. José A. Prieto (Scientific Affairs Associate Director) & Lic. Neiza Hernández, M.Sc., MBA (Quality Assurance Officer); also Mrs. Gladys Varela assist the director in accounting and administration among others administrative assistance (part time basis).
Analytical instruments are housed in four laboratories manned by MCC personnel. A professor, knowledgeable in the particular area of analysis serves as the laboratory’s scientific and technical advisor and assists in the management and supervision of the facility.